Thursday, August 23, 2012

You are your only limit. . . .

. . . . If you say you can do it you can if you say you can't then you can't. It's your choice ;)

Last few days have gone by so fast I can hardly believe its Thursday already. After writing
My blog on Monday I felt great I think the first time since I've started blogging about my challenge and Tuesday followed it up with an amazing quote I saw and its been a really long time since the universe has spoken to me so profoundly and loud but it was amazing and something I've really missed. The quote is the lotus flower philosophy by Tas Poetry and goes
"Through the waters of experience and into the bright sunshine of enlightenment revitalised despite the obstacles in its path for life is a journey where every moment is a step closer to your purpose and every experience is a source of wisdom so live and let live."
WOW answered pretty much everything I was thinking truly amazing  sexless to say I was on cloud nine the rest of the day. Wednesday that's a different story probably my harder day yet but I got through it I'm still alive.  So what I'm discovering is that all those icky thoughts I was having at the end of last week weren't just when I was drinking, those are the reasons I started drinking cuz at first it made me feel better. Then it got a little ugly and wasn't benefitting me in anyway, so now that I've figured out that part I just need to figure out why I think those things. And correct them. We had a guest speaker in class the other day that talked about self affirmation , always been a hard thing for me looking in the mirror telling myself how wonderful I am. . . . . Ummmmmm not really my thing makes me feel like I'm full of myself. But she told us how she recorded herself giving self affirmation and she would put it on repeat and play it through the night at she was sleeping for 30 days and she said it worked wonders for her, I want to do this but I have no idea what to say to myself and how I would record it and repeat it over and over through the night. I think boosting my self esteem and building my confidence is a big part of my vices and I am ready to change those things get to the core of the problem and move the frick on! Yes! I got this!

1 comment:

  1. Yes you do!!!! I have the same problem when I look in the mirror. Hoever, I'm trying to raise my girls to know that they are smart, beautiful and can do and be whatever they want in life!
    I think just starting with something small and work your way up to something more. Does an ipod have the capability to voice record? Then play back and put it on repeat? Would that work? Or I could pull an all nighter with you on the phone sleeping and me repeating the same thing over and over... ;-) LOL
    You got this!!!

    ReplyDelete